The Warehouse Associate assists with receiving, storage and distribution of all customer products, ensuring a smooth and consistent operation so products are located and distributed in an effective and efficient manner to satisfy customer requirements.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Working in accord with all safety regulations of the warehouse.
- Loading and unloading of goods and supplies and ensuring proper handling of the same.
- Ensuring the cleanliness and proper stocking of inventory in the work area.
- Maintaining quality in the warehouse and keeping track of all damaged inventory and reporting the same to the supervising authorities.
- Proper packing, labeling and tagging of the inventory in the warehouse.
- Maintaining and servicing of warehouse equipment like forklift, trucks and railcars.
- Conducting cycle counts of inventory as directed.
- Maintaining tidiness and cleanliness standards of the warehouse.
- Operates forklift and other machinery needed to transport heavy items around the warehouse.
- Provides input of new and improved ways to store and ship products.
- Identify, separate and palletize merchandise to be relocated to appropriate areas of the warehouse.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and/or participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.Other duties as assigned by Warehouse Manager.
Education, Experience & Knowledge Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Prior warehouse experience preferred
- Forklift experience preferred, or ability and willingness to be trained
- Possess time management skills, ability to problem solve and meet targeted deadlines
- Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good customer service skills
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Good problem solving and analytical abilities
Work is performed primarily in warehouse environment; some travel from site to site should be expected. Exposure to noise, dust, grease, smoke, fumes, noxious odors, gases, and all types of weather and temperature conditions; work and/or walk on various types of surfaces including slippery or uneven surfaces and rough terrain.
Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in a warehouse environment; walk, stand, and sit for prolonged periods of time; frequently stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb, reach, and twist; push, pull, lift, and/or carry moderate to heavy amounts of weight (up to 75 pounds); operate assigned equipment and vehicles, and to verbally communicate to exchange information. Vision must be in the normal visual range with or without correction; hearing in the normal audio range with or without correction.
- Paid time-off, including 6 holidays per year
- Medical, dental & life insurance benefits with supplemental insurances available
- 401 (k) account w/company match
“I would highly recommend Lynch to anyone who
wants a small company atmosphere with great people
who care about you, your career and your family.”
— John W.
Give Us a Call. Let’s Talk.
207.942.2220 ext 137; 207.794.4681