The Warehouse Associate assists with receiving, storage and transport of all customer products, ensuring a smooth and consistent operation so products are located and distributed in an effective and efficient manner to satisfy customer requirements.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Operate forklifts and other machinery needed to transport heavy items around the warehouse.
• Working in accord with all safety regulations of the warehouse.
• Loading and unloading of goods and supplies and ensuring proper handling of the same.
• Ensuring the cleanliness and proper stocking of inventory in the work area.
• Maintaining quality in the warehouse and keeping track of all damaged inventory and reporting the same to the supervising authorities.
• Proper packing, labeling, and tagging of the inventory in the warehouse.
• Maintaining and servicing of warehouse equipment including forklifts, trucks, and railcars.
• Conducting cycle counts of inventory as directed.
• Maintaining tidiness and cleanliness standards of the warehouse.
• Provides input for new and improved ways to store and ship products.
• Identify, separate and palletize merchandise to be relocated to appropriate areas of the warehouse.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and/or participating in professional societies.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Other duties as assigned by area management.
Education, Experience & Knowledge Requirements:
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Prior warehouse experience preferred
• Forklift experience required
• Possess time management skills, ability to problem solve and meet targeted deadlines
• Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Good customer service skills
• A positive, can-do attitude
• Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
• Good problem solving and analytical abilities
Work is performed primarily in a typical warehouse environment; some travel from site to site should be expected. Exposure to noise, dust, grease, smoke, fumes, noxious odors, gases, and all types of weather and temperature conditions; work and/or walk on various types of surfaces including slippery or uneven surfaces and rough terrain.
Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in a warehouse environment; walk, stand, and sit for prolonged periods of time; frequently stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb, reach, and twist; push, pull, lift, and/or carry moderate to heavy amounts of weight (up to 75 pounds); operate assigned equipment and vehicles, and to verbally communicate to exchange information. Vision must be in the normal visual range with or without correction; hearing in the normal audio range with or without correction.
• Paid time-off, including 6 holidays per year
• Medical, dental & life insurance benefits with supplemental insurances available
• 401 (k) account w/company match